playdg.com Forum Index playdg.com

[FAQ]  [Search]   [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]   [Register]
[Profile]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
 Favorite Putter < 30' View next topic
View previous topic
TBird

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope this has not already been done, but I did not see it anywhere.

I have a bunch of putters of all different types, but I have not tried all that are out there. Right now I tend to use my Rubber Putters for most shots within about 50 feet.

I was wondering what YOUR favorite putter is and why you think it is the best. (anybody using Wizards? I don't have one of those yet.)

Travis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was a big fan of the wizard for quite awhile, but once i laid my hands on a Magnet I was converted. my new go to putter has to be the Z-plastic Magnet from Discraft, to bad they are getting hard to come by.

"Direct intercourse with the authorities was not particularly difficult then, for well organized as they might be, all they did was to guard the distant and invisible intrests of distant and invisible masters"-Franz Kafka, The Castle
garublador

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I use Wizards. I use a Super Soft for putting, a Medium for upshots and short drives and I have a E Wizard for when I need something more overstable. I started with a Classic Aviar, but it beat up quickly. I moved to a X-Putt'r because of how good it felt in my hand and it worked incredibly well...if there wasn't any wind. I also couldn't use it for very many shots besides just putting. The Wizard took some getting used to for putting compared to the Putt'r, but now that I'm getting it figured out I love it. It holds up really well with any sort of wind and can be used for shots up to 280' or so for me (more in a tailwind or downhill). They'll hold just about any line you put on them and can take a hard throw if you don't have any wobble. Just throw them higher to get more distance. They also age really slowly and evenly.

I've picked up a Magnet a couple of times and I just don't like the feel of it. I'm sure it's a great disc, but I can't get past how it feels in my hand.
TBird

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just ordered the 5 pack of cosmetically flawed Wizards from GDS. I asked that they all be the same weight if possible. They may end up different weights and different hardnesses (is that a word?).

Eventually I would like to have 5 or 6 identical putters just for practice. I still love my Rubber Putters, especially for longer shots.

I can barely throw 300' with my drivers, much less 280' with a putter! Laughing

Thanks for the feed back,
Travis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TBird wrote:
I just ordered the 5 pack of cosmetically flawed Wizards from GDS. I asked that they all be the same weight if possible. They may end up different weights and different hardnesses (is that a word?).

Eventually I would like to have 5 or 6 identical putters just for practice. I still love my Rubber Putters, especially for longer shots.

I can barely throw 300' with my drivers, much less 280' with a putter! Laughing

Thanks for the feed back,
Travis

You'd be suprised how far out you can get putters once you figure out how to throw them. I can only get my long range drivers out to 350' or so.
TBird

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a 5 pack of missprinted Wizards from the GDS special a few days ago. What a fantastic disc and a fantastic deal!! Very Happy

I asked them for, and received, 5 Wizards, all around 172g, and it is just fantastic to practice with 5 nearly identical putters. And what a great putter it is. By far my favorite putter out of all that I have tried, and I have tried nearly all of them.

Definitely my favorite under 30', but also a great approach disc from out to 100'-150'. Just flys great all the time, regarless of the wind.

I tried them all, was in love with the Rubber Putter, but now use only the Wizard. Great deal from GDS, and they threw in an Element for free, which is another fantastic disc! Good marketing, since I have now ordered a couple of more Gateway discs, since I was so impressed with the Wizard and the Element!

Cheers,
Travis

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I love my Aviar. I used to use a Discraft Challenger, but wasn't putting well so I decided to buy a couple different putters and one was the Aviar and I've been using it ever since. I am consistantly knocking puts down from 25' and under and hitting more and more puts from outside of 30 ft.
dian cecht

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was a big z plastic Magnet fan, until they stop making magents in the z plastic. I recentally switched from the Wizard to the Warlock, which is nothing but a beadless wizard.

"Direct intercourse with the authorities was not particularly difficult then, for well organized as they might be, all they did was to guard the distant and invisible intrests of distant and invisible masters"-Franz Kafka, The Castle
squipple

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I still use the first disc I ever purchased ~8 years ago..a Millenium Omega Supersoft.

A friend tried out a blowFly I had lying around and loved it. Has been using it ever since. Great for hill shots because you rarely (if ever) get a roll-away.

Schroeder50314

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Champion Aviar is the only way to go here
ferretdance03

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cryztal Challenger for drives up to 300'
Soft Wizard for anny approaches
Med Wizard for putting, inside 80'

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I use a Magnet in the Z plastic. At the beginning of the season I hated it was thinking of switching to something else, But eventually I found my groove and now I love it. At most of the shops that have discs around here they still has a full rack of Z plastic magnets, when did they get discontinued?

Also I have experience with a super-soft Ching JUJU. It's a lot different than the Magnet. It seems to be a lot easier to throw. It doesn't have the distance that the magnet has, but It seems to be a little more accurate, at least for me.
dgdave

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

10x Aviars, but inside 30' unless there's a horrible wind, most putters will act the same. it just comes down to a feel and mental thing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I use Black/174 gram Warlock's. Got 3 and love'em. I like them becuz there's no bead on them and I dont putt very hard so without the bead they tend to keep a line longer. I uses a FLX Challenger for approaching.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic