playdg.com Forum Index playdg.com

[FAQ]  [Search]   [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]   [Register]
[Profile]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
 Kaposia Park? View next topic
View previous topic
jakeschramm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Salamander_MN wrote:
Man, I had a hard time figuring out the layout of the original 18. The only time I played there I skipped a hole somewhere. They really need an "official" overhead map. Exclamation

Yup, you probably walked to the left on old 13 instead of the right. Thats a tricky one cuz you can see the teepad for 15, which makes you think you should walk that way.
periferalFinn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So did we confirm that the old 17 & 18 have been removed and replaced by the new 'Majestic' layout? Just wondering since we planned on heading out this weekend and didn't want to miss anything.
periferalFinn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Played the new setup at Kaposia yesterday and it's great. Makes the course even more of a beast but all of the new holes are solid. As Entity says above, the new 18 is one of the cooler holes in the cities now. Definitely worth the trip out to South St Paul for those who don't get over there very often. Although if you're going over the weekend you'll want to get there pretty early since this course gets pretty packed with rec players by noon.
Entity.MN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sad news for some, happy times for others.

The wind storms on Saturday have taken out the first two sentinels on hole 13. The stumps are still plenty tall to mess with your drives (and your head), though, so unless you tomahawk your drive it doesn't play any different, but the stumps won't last.

I see this hole as a sort of signature "how in the heck am I supposed to throw that" drive for Kaposia, and as frustrating as it was, I liked it that way. My best throw of this year was a drive on "Little Wood" (as my friends and I call it. yep, that makes 14 "Big Wood") that gave me a pick-up-and-slap-the-chains deuce early this spring. So yeah, I'm in the sad club.
jakeschramm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kaposia is 24, with old 17 and 18 pulled. Also Bryant just went 18 this morning! Wait until you see new hole 7, it looks like a fortress with all the landscaping.
periferalFinn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Entity.MN wrote:
Sad news for some, happy times for others.

The wind storms on Saturday have taken out the first two sentinels on hole 13. The stumps are still plenty tall to mess with your drives (and your head), though, so unless you tomahawk your drive it doesn't play any different, but the stumps won't last.
\

As tough a shot as this was, that was the entire aura of the hole. If I'm imagining what you say as far as the 2 'sentinels' this hole gets almost ridiculously straight forward and really loses it's charm.
Entity.MN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

periferalFinn wrote:
As tough a shot as this was, that was the entire aura of the hole. If I'm imagining what you say as far as the 2 'sentinels' this hole gets almost ridiculously straight forward and really loses it's charm.

Well, there were, I think, four trees down the middle, so now it's down to two tall stumps, then two full trees. But it was the two in the middle closest to the tee that went down.
Entity.MN

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, I had to take jakeschramm's idea and go with it. Here's a more accurate map. If the course guide eventually gets one of the GPS maps, I'll be curious to see how accurate my guesses were.

Kaposia Map (117k jpg)

I also have a scoresheet with public pars and distances. For the holes that didn't change post-Majestic, the distances are from the course guide on this site, and for the rest, I recorded them from the signage from the Majestic, except for 18, which I did not see, and is a pure guess.

Kaposia Scoresheet (58k pdf)
AWine44

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice work. I'll use your scorecard next time I go.
Entity.MN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Short pins are in on holes 5, 6, and 7, but not hole 8.
Entity.MN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had my first ever even par (pro par) game at Kaposia on Saturday. Holy crap was I flying high after that. I've never thrown under 60 before, and here came a 54 out of nowhere. Wow. Would have been useful a week earlier at the Chilly Bowl, eh? (14 strokes different, one week apart?)

Aiming for an even round once they have the long pins and the back 6 holes in? That might be just a little bit much. Laughing

Edit: forgot to mention, the bogeys were on 1 and 10, deuces on 12 and 18.
AWine44

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just 18 holes right now?
Entity.MN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep. It'll probably stay that way until a few weeks before the Majestic shakes things up.

As soon as I see otherwise, definitely expect to see so here. I should be able to post within a half week of them changing it over.
AWine44

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cool. Good to know. We were thinking of playing there this weekend.

Nice score though. Tough 18 to par. A guy in our group shot a 53 last spring. My best is 56 but have had many bad rounds there.
Entity.MN

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Long pins are in. I only stopped in briefly for a few holes last night before moving on to other plans, so I didn't get to play the full layout, but I'm excited to. I didn't get to see them, but someone on the MFA Yahoo group is saying that the pins for the long 24 hole layout, in addition to pins 17 and 18 for the short layout are in, for a total of 26. Odd.

I'm looking forward to the course guide on this site being updated to the 24 hole layout.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic