playdg.com Forum Index playdg.com

[FAQ]  [Search]   [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]   [Register]
[Profile]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
 I need some golf buddies View next topic
View previous topic
Vanessa!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey everyone,

I just moved here from Denver a week ago and I've lost all my friends in the process. Will you be my disc golf friend? Where should I play? Where should I not play? How about after golf beers? I live in Uptown, and as I am directionally challenged without mountains as a guide, I get lost fairly easily. I'm going to Duluth on Saturday, any other courses besides at the college?

Thanks,

Vanessa
jakeschramm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As far as I know the course at St Scholastica is the only permanent course near Duluth, just an FYI, it is a private course. The only others within 60 miles are Highbridge (4+ courses) and Giants Ridge in Biwabik, but that may have been pulled allready for the winter.

As far as metro courses, Plymouth Creek and Bassett Creek are the best courses that are close to the Uptown area (almost straight West). Blue Ribbon Pines is a 27 hold pay-to-play, about 20 minutes north of 694 on Central Ave(65). Other popular courses are North Valley and Kaposia both on hwy 52 south of St Paul, and Acorn park in Roseville on County Road C.

There are also a bunch of leagues that play weekly.
Sundog - April to September Tuesday nights, rotating courses
Westside League - April to Nov at rotating HSSA and Bryant Lake
Chilly Dog - Kaposia which i think is Sundays starting after Thanksgiving.
There are also weekly leagues rotate between Plymouth and Bassett, but I cant remember what night.

For more info go to http://www.mfaonline.org or join the yahoo group "MFA-Online" http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/mfa-online
dian cecht

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vanessa! wrote:
How about after golf beers?

It's a bit of drive for you, but Bryant Lake in Eden Prairie is part of the Three Rivers Parks and they permit alcohol on the course. So that "after golf beer" rightly turns into a during golf beer!

"Direct intercourse with the authorities was not particularly difficult then, for well organized as they might be, all they did was to guard the distant and invisible intrests of distant and invisible masters"-Franz Kafka, The Castle
drscholl14

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hey vanessa, welcome to the twin cities. I live in the White Bear Lake/Mahtomedi area which is about 20 minutes north of you. The two main courses around here are Lakewood Hills (14) in White Bear, Acorn (1Cool is Roseville. These are both great courses in my opinion. Lakewood has good length to is and Acorn is very woodsy. You'll have to check them out and hey you might see me out there even though you'll have no clue....ha. See ya around.
Bill Ashton

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's also a Monday Night Disc Golf League in Apple Valley which begins the first Monday in May and runs through the last Monday in August at Alimagnet Park. Registration is 5:00 -5:45 pm. Tee off: 6:00 pm. We also are trying to encourage more women to participate within the league by offering a free disc to those that show up.

Bill Ashton
952-217-7266

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic