playdg.com Forum Index playdg.com

[FAQ]  [Search]   [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]   [Register]
[Profile]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
 Advertising playdg.com? View next topic
View previous topic
RobSieg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What I'm wondering is... this is such a damn good site, if only word got out about it, we'd have hundreds of members. It's just that good. I only learned about it a few weeks ago, and I've already submitted a course. Imagine if there were a thousand more of me. Surprised With all the work that goes into playdg.com, it deserves that many members.

So, I'm just saying, if there was a little bit of advertisment on the courses themselves, people would see it and check it out. I'm not sure if it's possible at all places, but hell, at Kaposia you can practically spray paint the entire grounds and no one seems to care. (sadly) Any thoughts on advertising this site?
squipple

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Rob

We've done some minimal work in advertising the site around. We've got some small stickers we'll put here n there, the problem is they're not waterproof, so I think they disintegrate once it rains. Either that or people are stealing our stickers. Smile

Most of our 'advertising' is online. We've got links at most of the club sites for the regions where we have courses. We've also got links from pdga.com, which is where a large portion of our visitors come from. We're trying to be (and like to be) selective about the places we actively try to put links on so that we generate traffic from people like you who are really interested.

We were just at Mt. Simon in Eau Claire, WI a coulple weeks ago and came across our logo posted on one of the signs. We don't have any rules for posting our logo (yet, heh). We were surprised, and it actually brought a smile to my face that we're providing something people like.

Our member list is up to almost 150. I think a lot more people visit the site than are members on the forum, since we hit our record hits in may of over half a million hits with over 10,000 visits.

We saw your course submittal, and I think mysteray is reviewing it, if he hasn't replied already. Thanks for the interest and the compliments! Very Happy

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic