playdg.com Forum Index playdg.com

[FAQ]  [Search]   [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]   [Register]
[Profile]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
 APPLE VALLEY - ALIMAGNET PARK COURSE IMPROVEMENT UPDATE: View next topic
View previous topic
Bill Ashton

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The construction of cement tees is nearly complete for the first seven holes in the open area of the park. I believe that's as far as plans are scheduled thus far. Since the neighbor issue, the park department is planning a September meeting to discuss those issues. I'm hoping that the 12-hole course stays intact with no changes. So I've been handing out fliers letting people know to contact the park department and city council to show their support for the course. Those contact numbers are posted here on the website under another thread.

Holes: #1, #2, #3, #5, #6 Cement Tee Pads are completed.

Hole #4: Cement block stairs are being constructed to help with erosion as players walk down that little slope off the tee. A cement tee box will be installed when stairs are completed.

Hole #5: The tee for Hole #5 has been relocated just to the left of the old tee at the top of the stairs. The Park Director wanted this change to help with the huge erosion down the hill. The hole plays very similar and you can now see the basket right off the tee. I didn't mind this change, since those stairs are not utilized much at all. Just don't want that to be an neighbor issue down the line.

Hole #7: It appears the park department wants the tee pad location a little more forward and not inset as I had designed the hole. This Tee area still needs to be framed in yet.

BASKET AREA UPGRADES:

Wood chips have been added around all the baskets for the first seven holes. Also landscaping pavers have been added and surround the pin placements to give each green an impressive look. I think it gives the hole a classy feel and picturesque touch. "Certainly Executive Level".

Landscaping block pavers have been added and surround Holes: #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7
mysteray

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the improvements sound great, we will have to go check them out. one question though... we've been wanting to get this course on the website but have been holding off due to all of the improvements and changes being made. do you foresee any more layout changes after the meeting?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic