playdg.com Forum Index playdg.com

[FAQ]  [Search]   [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]   [Register]
[Profile]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
 Kaposia Park? View next topic
View previous topic
dian cecht

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

does anybody know if Kaposia Park is open for the season. i'd hope so with the Majestic coming up so soon.
squipple

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They just poured 5 new cement tee pads out there on various holes. There's talk that it may have opened today, 7am. I'd say your chances are good if you wanted to check it out this week.

dian cecht

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks for the update. I'll more than likely be up there tommorrow morning so I can post an update as to wether or not it is up and running.

UPDATE: all 18 holes are up and running at this point. on a side note, i had not been to this course in about 2 years, anyone know when and why it was changed from a 27 back to an 18 hole course? some of the nicest, and also most brutal holes have been removed.
clayek

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From what I've heard, there was some form of soil contamination found in the "back nine" area (I have heard lead). If this is truely the reason why it has been closed for the last couple of seasons, then I would guess that we will probably not see them open for quite some time, if ever at all. I hope that I am wrong because I loved the back nine and without those holes the course just isn't the same.
lukej

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does anyone know about the long tee on hole #4? The picture and distance are for the shorter tee, which is pretty much a straight shot. The long tee is further south, so if you throw from it your shot needs to curve to the right. And it does say 4 on the sign next to the long tee. I have not seen anyone use the long tee, so is it just common knowlede to use the short tee? The long tee is hard to see if you are not looking for it (I didn't see it the first time I went there) so does no one use it because no one knows it is there? I do not belive this course has multiple tees on any other hole accpet #17. Which one are you supposed to use on hole #17 too (the long tee is pictured for this hole)?
AWine44

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm pretty sure no one uses that tee box anymore. I think it used to be the tee box for the old #18 back when the course was way different. I don't think it gets used anymore for any holes.
mysteray

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

although i was aware there was a tee back in the corner, i was unaware that it was still used. does it have a cement tee back there, or is it just dirt?

as for 17, neither tee is very well defined and there are no signs either. there is a board in the ground at the long tee location (where the picture was taken from). number 18 has the same problem. the tee there is just a big dirt patch with no board or markers of any sort to signify the front of the tee.

Entity.MN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Man, this is a nice time of year to play Kaposia - It's really hard to lose a disc without all the foliage.

Does anyone know if there are any plans to pour cement tees for 17 & 18? I'd be happy to volunteer some free (unskilled) labor.

Any idea when they typically switch over from the short pins to the long ones? I haven't really paid that close of attention the last couple of seasons.
Entity.MN

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pins have been moved to the long positions on 5, 6, and 8. There's still the tree down blocking the long position on 7, and 17 is still in the weird spot.
mysteray

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

what is the 'weird spot' on 17?

Entity.MN

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's where they had it for the Majestic last year, instead of up by the pavilion where it is most of the time. I call it "the weird spot" because it doesn't seem to fit the hole to have that really short, really sharp dogleg at the very end of such a long hole. It's rather discordant.
Entity.MN

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Speaking of the Majestic, has anyone gotten out to play the temporary 24 hole layout? Due to high traffic and very large groups, it took us 3 hours to play last night, but it was worth the wait.
drscholl14

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It should be a 27 hole layout to keep it even with BRP....but no haven't been out there. I've heard it's gonna stay that way too....Same with Hyland.

Entity.MN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It does in fact appear that the 24 hole layout is going to stay!

The old 17 & 18 were two of three temporary holes put in to make 27 for the Majestic, so the area around the building is now a disc-free zone. That's pretty great, since that opens that large area up for general use, and at the same time opens back up some really great holes. Even if "George's Gorge" isn't intact. (I have only the vaguest recollections of that hole from my earliest throwing days, but it seemed like that's all anyone wanted to talk about.)
AWine44

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They changed BRP to 24 holes for the tournament I believe.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic