playdg.com Forum Index playdg.com

[FAQ]  [Search]   [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]   [Register]
[Profile]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
 we moved View next topic
View previous topic
mysteray

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

just wanted to let everyone know that both squipple and i are living in the minneapolis area now. we've already played 10 new courses and there are lots more to check out. and of course they will all eventually be on the site.

mysteray

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i believe st. olaf college has 18 holes, two seperate 9 hole courses on campus. we should get down there some time this summer. thanks.

blake_t

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ah, welcome to the minneapolis area. if you want the lowdown on any of the local courses or want to go throw a round sometimes, gimme a hollar.

mysteray

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kaposia will be a difficult course to get pictures of because it is so heavily played. if you know of a time when there aren't a lot of people on the course, let me know.

blake_t

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

it's not really busy...

9am-ish during weekdays

7-8am-ish during weekends

also...
i may suggest holding off on kaposia for a little while as they layout will probably be in perpetual change for the next while...

oakwood, cp adams, north valley, and acorn are the 18's with a more reliable current layout.

mysteray

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

we went to north valley almost a month ago and hole 8 had just been relocated and it didn't have a sign. we were unsure of where the tee actually was. another group on the course told us to tee off down by the path and throw up the hill. this seemed to go against the layout of the other holes. has a sign been put up for number 8 at all? i'd imagine they had to mark it somehow for the majestic.

thanks for the tip. we figured we'd have to get to the more popular courses early in the morning. Smile

blake_t

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yah. there's now 2 teeboxes to 7, which used to be short/long teeboxes to 8. 8 starts at the bottom of the hill on the path. they made this modification to maintain an 18 hole setup when they removed 4, 5, 6, and 7 (4 and 5 in the worlds layout).

i doubt there will ever be a sign there...

they change it quite often... i have actually been there on a friday before a tournament and then on saturday stuff was changed around...

acorn and oakwood have enough wooded holes to where changes aren't super feasible.

djrunaway

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not sure if this has been brought up cuz i don't watch the forums a lot, but the holes on hansen park, which is very near mpls, are not accurate on your site. you may want to update Wink
squipple

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, thanks for the update djrunaway. We took new pictures and got new info for this course a couple weeks ago, but I am currently in the process of converting all the courses over to a new format to fit our new redesign better, and those photos will be included in that update. Look for that in the next few weeks as well as a new overhead map addition that will be featured on new courses as well as slowly added to the courses we already have.

drscholl14

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's great you guys moved in the area! I just posted a topic on Blue Ribbon Pines DG Club. You should really check this place out. It is the best course I have ever played and the most professionally kept. I would love to see it on on this web page. It is only a year old and I think a lot of people would love to play this course if it were known about. Check out my post for more info on it.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic