playdg.com Forum Index playdg.com

[FAQ]  [Search]   [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]   [Register]
[Profile]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
 suggested disc? View next topic
View previous topic
kingbzo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is the new feature "suggested disc" in each frame choosing discs randomly or is it somebody's input? It changes dramatically when you hit refresh. Anybody thrown the kite for a 435 ft shot?
mysteray

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the "suggested disc" is explained in the FAQ, but i'll recap here. basically, each disc is rated as either a driver, midrange, or putter and also given a stability rating of straight, overstable, or understable. each hole is given a directional rating of straight, left, or right. a disc is then chosen randomly based on those criteria.

i think i have the distances set at < 100 ft for putters, 100-250 ft for midrange, and anything > 250 ft for drivers. i'm not sure why a 435 ft hole would be suggesting a Kite, since it is a midrange disc. it might be that the hole has a short tee with a distance under 250 ft.

this is a new feature and will probably need some tweaking to produce more accurate suggestions. it's intent is to supply an avenue of support for the website by serving as an affialate link to our server host's disc store. so, the disc is just a suggestion; you can buy anything at hurricane disc sports and still be supporting our website. Very Happy

thanks for the inquiry.

mysteray

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

just an additional note... to support playdg.com you must link to hurricane disc sports through our site (via the suggested disc affiliate link). or, you can go directly to the store and type in 'playdg' as the promo code when you check out. Smile

playdg
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

there was a bit of a snafu with the suggested disc links. all should be working again now.
thanks for supporting the site.

-playdg.com

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic